Position: Database Analyst
Ecotagious is a cleantech software company currently experiencing rapid growth in customers, people and revenues. Our flexible product platform combines a wide range of IoT and energy data, advanced big-data analytics, machine learning and social psychology to help utilities reduce energy demand and meet energy efficiency targets.
To ensure our energy analytic products are optimized, delivering accurate results that lead directly to customer savings, and to help continuously improve and innovate our range of product offerings, we’re currently seeking a creative and experienced Database Analyst.
As Database Analyst, you’ll be working with our development and production teams to manage the broad range of energy, home, device and weather data that feeds our advanced disaggregation and analytic processes. You will continually be thinking about and applying ways to optimize existing data processes to improve quality, automation and efficiency.
As a part of the core product delivery organization and collaborating closely with product management as well as customer success teams, this role is an impactful opportunity to influence, improve and evolve our solutions and to deliver real-world energy savings through your efforts. This is a full-time position, based in our downtown Vancouver office.
What impact will you have?
Your experience in Database management, software development, and analytic concepts combined with your collaborative approach will enable you to directly drive the continued success and growth of Ecotagious by improving our products and customer results.
Working with both SQL Server Developer Edition on-premise and SQLAzure in the Azure cloud, you will be responsible for maintaining and extending existing database systems used for both real time and batch computation operations. Depending on your skill set, you’ll also have ample opportunity to be involved in and/or be responsible for backend software development projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Working with customer success managers to ensure their clients’ data meets the standards and formats required for our disaggregation engines to run effectively.
• Building and maintaining ETL processes for new and existing clients.
• Managing and cross-checking batch run operations in our disaggregation engine.
• Collaboratively helping to improve all aspects of our data and analytic processes.
• Providing effective and timely updates across projects, including product feedback.
What experience and skills are needed to excel in this position?
• You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience, preferably related to computer science, engineering, IT or database admin.
• 3-5 years progressive experience in database management, or related work experience.
• Comfortable writing advanced SQL queries against relational data structures.
• Experience using Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio and Azure DevOps.
• Familiar with ETL using Microsoft SQL Integration Services as well as Azure Data Lake Storage and Azure Data Lake Analytics.
• Ability to quickly grasp the contents of complex documents written in SQL, JSON, XML, Excel and CSV.
• Deep interest in data, its integrity and analysis.
Bonus points for
• Experience with utility/AMI data architecture, formats and transfer techniques.
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
• A passion for the environment and energy conservation.
Why join us here?
At Ecotagious, we’re a lean, innovative start-up company that’s investing in being a great place to work for all our people – with a dynamic and collaborative work environment, competitive remuneration, comprehensive benefits, comfortable downtown office space, a full kitchen complete with free snacks and beverages, free Friday lunches and lots more.
Beyond the welcoming workplace and deep spirit of teamwork, we take pride in our position at the intersection of technology and making positive change in the world. We don’t buy carbon credits or plant trees – our business is literally all about helping people use less energy and ultimately reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Work hard, innovate, learn lots and make a difference!
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, send your interest and background to firstname.lastname@example.org.