Position: Hadoop Administrator (Contract)
Ecotagious combines big data, IoT data analytics and social psychology to help utility customers meet their demand savings and energy efficiency targets. Its Voice Assistant- and SaaS-based offering drives conservation by providing utilities’ residential customers with appliance-level feedback. This feedback is generated from Ecotagious’ proprietary IoT and smart meter data analytics that disaggregate hourly smart meter data into major appliance loads.
Based in downtown Vancouver, Ecotagious offers a fun and collaborative work environment, competitive remuneration, beautiful office space with great amenities, a full kitchen complete with free snacks and beverages, free Friday lunches, and an opportunity to contribute to a successful Vancouver company that’s making a difference in the world.
We currently have an open position for a Hadoop Administrator (4-month contract) starting immediately.
As a Hadoop Administrator at Ecotagious, you will be responsible for helping the team meet its software development objectives in big data environment as we scale up our big data programs to drive energy conservation with our utility customers. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who likes to bring initiative and experience to solve problems systematically!
The successful candidate would work from our downtown Vancouver office.
- Deploying and maintaining Hadoop clusters, including adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools e.g.
- Cloudbreak and Ambari, configuring high availability NameNodes, tracking and monitoring running Hadoop jobs.
- Implementing, managing and administering the overall Hadoop infrastructure.
- Setup and configuration of the Core-Site, HDFS-Site, YARN-Site and Map Red-Site.
- Perform cluster capacity planning and resource requirement estimation as well as cluster scaling to optimize matching of Hadoop cluster capacity with data volumes and processing loads.
- Monitoring Hadoop cluster connectivity and performance and ensuring cluster uptime is maximized.
- Manage and review Hadoop log files, perform data backup and recovery tasks, manage cluster resources and security.
- Troubleshooting cluster application errors and providing recommendations to the development team.
- You have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or engineering.
- You are very comfortable and familiar with UNIX/Linux OS, Hadoop Clusters, Microsoft Azure.
- You are familiar with the various components of the Hadoop ecosystem including Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, Flume, Kafka, etc.
- You are efficient, keen, quality driven and love figuring new things out.
- You view constant rapid change as a growth opportunity not a threat.
- You have a passion for the environment, big data and energy conservation.
- You are a team player that focuses on the team’s results – helping your team mates and asking for help when needed.
- You have an uncanny ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines without getting distracted by shiny objects.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in an innovative and technology-oriented environment. We offer an attractive compensation package, a beautiful office space in downtown Vancouver, free Friday lunches, and opportunities for significant career progression and to make a difference in the world.
Send your resume to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Application: Hadoop Administrator (Contract)”