Position: IT Manager
Ecotagious is a cleantech software company currently experiencing rapid growth in customers, people and revenues. Our flexible product platform combines a wide range of IoT and energy data, advanced big-data analytics, machine learning and social psychology to help utilities reduce energy demand and meet energy efficiency targets.
To enable our growth and to provide our teams and products with an effective technology platform and tools, we’re currently seeking an IT Manager.
Reporting to the VP, Technology, collaborating closely with the Security Operations Manager, the IT Manager is essential for our growth management and to ensure our teams are productive and our technology platform and operations are stable and scalable. This is a full-time position, based in our downtown Vancouver office.
What impact will you have?
Every week brings a new challenge as the team creates and scales our Powerful Insights platform. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Implementation, maintenance, administration and day to day operations of IT infrastructure
• Monitoring servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues in application and Infrastructure
• Ensuring IT team is supporting the project teams effectively
• Setting up service introductions, process enhancements and technical support guides
• Working with the senior leadership team to help develop the roadmap for new software implementations.
• Improving processes and policies in support of organization goals
• Overseeing upgrades, installations and service improvements
• Assisting with short-term and long-term strategic planning for technology and systems including budgeting and expense management
• Acting as the point of contact for any escalated critical / blocked technology issues
• Planning, coordinating, monitoring and managing the work of all assigned team members including performance and career development
• Participating in or leading the project planning and scheduling of new technology initiatives and the implementation of such initiatives in production
• Ensuring IT Infrastructure services required by the business are optimized, available and maintained and can be recovered within required business timeline
• Maintaining effective relationships, contract management and administration with suppliers / vendors and reviewing and monitoring their performance
What experience and skills do you need to excel in this position?
• 3-5 years in an IT Operations role or equivalent
• Experience in a software development and SaaS production environment
• Experience using Jira and/or similar issue tracking/project management software
• Experience coaching others and/or leading a team
• You are self-sufficient, high initiative, proactive time manager with solid attention to detail
Why join us here?
At Ecotagious, we’re a lean, innovative start-up company that’s investing in being a great place to work for all our people – with a dynamic and collaborative work environment, competitive remuneration, comprehensive benefits, comfortable downtown office space, a full kitchen complete with free snacks and beverages, free Friday lunches and lots more.
Beyond the welcoming workplace and deep spirit of teamwork, we take pride in our position at the intersection of technology and making positive change in the world. We don’t buy carbon credits or plant trees – our business is literally all about helping people use less energy and ultimately reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Work hard, innovate, learn lots and make a difference!
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, send your interest and background to firstname.lastname@example.org