Position: Quality Assurance Engineer
Ecotagious is a 2018 Ready to Rocket Cleantech Company experiencing rapid growth in customers, revenues and people.
This growth is being driven by our team that continues to create and scale our industry-leading Powerful Insights platform. This Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution combines big data, IoT data analytics, machine learning and behavioural science in a solution that reduces global greenhouse gas emissions.
Our Powerful Insights solution provides utilities’ residential customers with appliance-level feedback and Home Energy Automation to help them save energy. This feedback is generated from Ecotagious’ proprietary smart meter data analytics that disaggregates hourly smart meter data into major appliance loads, and engages residential customers through email, APIs, portals and voice assistants (ie smart speakers such as Google Home and Alexa).
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Ecotagious, you will be responsible for the design and execution of manual and automated procedures to validate the big data we collect, transform and generate to drive energy conservation. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who can bring initiative and experience analyzing utility data!
The successful candidate would work from our downtown Vancouver office.
What impact will you have?
Every week brings a new challenge as the team creates and scales our Powerful Insights Platform, and you may find yourself:
• Creating, documenting, and executing test plans for new and ongoing SQL, C#, Azure Data Lake, website, voice assistant (Amazon Alexa and Google Home), and API development
• Manually checking the quality of our Powerful Insights Engine deliverables – printed reports, email reports, API results, etc.
• Contributing to the planning and implementation of automated checks (unit tests, integration tests, output verification scripts)
• Participating fully in Agile Scrum team processes
What experience and skills do you need to excel in this position?
• You have real-world experience with manual and automated test design and execution in a team environment
• You have a passion for the environment and energy conservation
• You are curious and are not afraid to ask questions or to challenge assumptions
• You are a team player that focuses on the team’s results
• You understand basic statistics and data analysis
• You can work independently and troubleshoot the unexpected
• You are comfortable writing basic SQL queries against relational data structures
• You can quickly grasp the contents of complex documents written in SQL, JSON, XML and Excel
• You can prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
• You have experience with a programming/scripting language and are willing to learn more
• You have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably related to computer science and/or engineering
• Big plus if you have testing experience with big data and big data tools: Hadoop, Tableau, etc.
Why join us here?
At Ecotagious, we’re a lean and dynamic start-up company, and we’re continuing to invest in being a great place to work for all of our people – with a fun and collaborative work environment, competitive remuneration, comprehensive benefits, comfortable office space, a full kitchen complete with free snacks and beverages, free Friday lunches and lots more.
Beyond the workplace, we also take pride in our position at the intersection of technology and making a positive change in the world. We don’t buy carbon credits or plant trees – our business is literally about helping people use less energy and ultimately reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Work hard, innovate, learn lots and make a difference!
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, send your interest and background to email@example.com.